Film Application & ViscositySubscribe to RSS Feed
Application of Film preparation, Laboratory Mixers, Drying Time & Viscosity
A good Wet film preparation is not only important for the durability of the coating when it is dried, but also very crucial in terms of film thickness uniformity, color, and appearance. For the applicator, wet film preparations help determine methods of application and device adjustment. While some paint manufacturers will indicate the amount of wet film to be applied in order to obtain a certain dry film, others prefer not to, as paint applicators differ in the amount of thinner used. There is a wide range of devices used for wet film preparation, ranging from the common paint drawdown bar technique to automatic film applicators/machines or paint film applicators. Since Automatic film applicators can be set for constant speed and pressure on painted samples, they ensure consistency of drawdowns, which is not the case when many operators draw down the same film. Drawdown charts and Drawdown cards are equally used to quality control of the paint properties. While the Drawdown charts are used to examine industrial, wood coatings, automotive, inks, architectural, and cosmetic products, the Drawdown cards are used to examine some coating properties like opacity, spreading rate, penetration behavior, and flow and leveling properties
The wet film takes time to dry and cure. The different stages of drying and curing can be accurately detected using a recorder under controlled environmental conditions. The wet film drying process begins with the shrinking of the paint and the appearance of a thin film on the surface. The end result of the curing process is a dry film or volume solid on the substrate. Operators often use two methods, depending on whether a thinner is added or not, to calculate the approximate dry film thickness (end result) from wet film thickness applied. A calculation without Thinner: Wet Film Thickness (WFT) = Dry Film Thickness (DFT) ÷ Percent Solids by Volume: Calculation with Thinner: WFT = DFT ÷ (Volume solids content ÷ 100% + % of thinner added). ASTM D5895 defines the standard test methods for evaluating drying and curing during film formation of organic coating using mechanical recorders.
The higher viscosity of a film means high resistance to flow or deformation.
- BEVS 1830 Film/Paint Applicator Kit - 22 items
Used to detect the performance of coatings in real time and on-site, BEVS has put together a practical and complete set of film-application instruments in a kit, with exquisite quality and durability. This kit includes 22 items for viscosity, adhesion, fineness detection and film making. It enables the operator to systematically take a multitude of during film application. It is the best portable Film application instruments assembled for film applicators and quality engineers.
Film Applicator Kit Specification / contents:
Viscosity Measurement: - Ford Cup, Din Cup, ISO Cup, Afnor Cup, Cup Stand
Specific Gravity Measurement: -Specific Gravity Cup (Al), Specific Gravity Cup (SS)
Fineness Measurement: - Double Channel Grind Gauge
Flow Measurement: - Sagging Applicator, Levelling
Applicator Permeability Measurement: - Payne Permeability Cup Application of Film Measurement: - Bar Coater（4µm), Bar Coater (100µm), Cube Applicator, Four Sided Applicator, Adjustable Applicator, Four Sided Applicator with Reservoir
Thickness Measurement: - Wet Film Gauge (SS), Wet Film Gauge (Al), Wet Film Thickness Wheel
Adhesion Measurement: - Cross Hatch Cutter, Multi-hatch Gauge Packing box dimension: 520×370×155mm Total weight: 10kgLearn More$3,695.00
- Bevs 1133 Manual Type Krebs Viscometer- ASTM D562
Manual type Krebs Viscometer BEVS 1133 is a new Intelligent Krebs Viscometer that employs the new touchscreen technology. It is ideal for measuring Newton fluid or near non-Newton liquids such as paint, coatings, adhesives, pulp, ink, etc. High precision DC motor ensures accuracy value.
- Easy operation Humanization design
- Touch screen control Units: KU, G,
- cP simultaneously display
- Available to preset start test time and duration Real-time graphic display between viscosity and time
- Real-time display environment temperature
- Available to measure sample temperature
- Output measurement report
- Technical Specification: Range: 40-141KU / 27-5274cp / 32-1099g
- Resolution: 0.1KU / 1g / 5cp Accuracy: ±1% Repeatability: ±0.5% (Full Scale)
- Rotation Speed: 200±1rpm Power: Max.18W Power: 100-250V 50-60Hz
- BEVS 1703 Non-Contact Powder Coating Thickness Gauge -uncured and cured thickness measurement
BEVS 1703 Powder Coating Thickness Gauge is a robust, non-contact production device using photo-thermal technology to measure film thickness non-contact, non-destructive in pre-cured and cured status. It is in compliance with DIN EN 15042-2 standard. It measures fast and precise coating thickness of pre-cured and cured powder on metallic substrates. It is very versatile, measuring the thickness on flat, round surfaces, as well as on angles and edges. Standards DIN EN 15042-2 - It explains the thickness measurement of coatings and characterization of surfaces with surface waves - Part 2: of the DIN EN 15042 is a Guide to the thickness measurement of coatings by photothermic method; the German version is EN 15042-2:2006.
Measuring Range 0-350 microns Accuracy ±3% Resolution ±1% Measuring Distance Approx. 30mm Measuring Spot 1.5*1.5mm Measuring Speed 512 - 2048 m/s Port mini USB, Wifi Battery type 3.7V (2500mAh), Rechargeable Lithium Battery Substrate Metal
BEVS 1703 is particularly used to measure powder coating thickness on the paint line. Use this versatile device to measure film thickness on frames, edges, and corners. Measure film thickness parts on a slowly moving powder coating line and swinging powder coated parts. Measure Method: Photo-thermal non-contact Testing Angle: 75°-105° Testing Distance 35mm Testing Time： 1-3Secs Precision： 2μm Testing Requirement： Flat surface, Curve, Edge, and Angle It is easy to achieve rapid measurement in the assembly line and it can be widely used in laboratory and workshop for the real-time detection and control. Flexible operation: the sample or gauge can be moveable during measurement.
Scope of Supply
BEVS 1703 Coating Thickness gauge for analyzing powder film thickness comes complete with
• Photothermal coating thickness sensor
• A display unit for displaying film thickness readings
• Batteries • Charger • User manualLearn More$7,965.00
- Laboratory Mixer BEVS 2501/1 550 W, 250 lift distance, manual tpye and 1.5 Liter Vessel, 4 discs/ 110V/60HzThis Laboratory Mixer engineered to high- speed stir, dissolve and disperse liquid and pigment solidification material in coating,paint, ink, pigments, cosmetic , foodstuff, resin, adhesive, latex, medicine, petroleum and other fields. The Laboratory Mixer TC 2501 series adopts frequency- adapter to adjust speed with the advanced touch-screen control design to produce a colloidal suspension that does not settle at the bottom of the container. It will disperse, mix and grind by changing the different impellers. Use the touch- screen technology to set the speed ( RPM) and the time to disperse, mix and grind. It's the best choice for R& D, laboratory and spot testing. In includes: Touch- screen control technology and emergency switch Time Adjustable Maximum Dispersion Volume: 10L Maximum Speed: 9000 rpm Electromotor: Frequency modulation motor adoption Lifting System: Manual or automatic lift Operating Menu: English Learn More$2,615.00
- Laboratory Mixer BEVS 2501/ 2L 750 W manual type with 1.5 Liter Vessel, 4 discs / 110V/60Hz - long shaftThis Laboratory Mixer engineered to high- speed stir, dissolve and disperse liquid and pigment solidification material in coating,paint, ink, pigments, cosmetic , foodstuff, resin, adhesive, latex, medicine, petroleum and other fields. The Laboratory Mixer TC 2501 series adopts frequency- adapter to adjust speed with the advanced touch-screen control design to produce a colloidal suspension that does not settle at the bottom of the container. It will disperse, mix and grind by changing the different impellers. Use the touch- screen technology to set the speed ( RPM) and the time to disperse, mix and grind. It's the best choice for R& D, laboratory and spot testing. In includes: Touch- screen control technology and emergency switch Time Adjustable Maximum Dispersion Volume: 10L Maximum Speed: 6000 rpm Electromotor: Frequency modulation motor adoption Lifting System: Manual or automatic lift Operating Menu: English Learn More$3,079.00